« Home | a tale of two snagleys » | Another Snagley Update... » | What's Up With Snagley... » | Pinewood derby » | another year another ache and pain » | why rural alabama » | interviews » | I resolve » | Christmas pic » | Chicken beak » 

Friday, February 09, 2007 

Tale of two Snagleys Part 2

Ok, where was I..

They put some initial stitches on the arteries to stop the blood, and continued to push fluids. Then they performed every x-ray and CAT scan they could think of. Then a plastic surgeon showed up and put 40 stitches in my forehead, after he pulled my scalp around exposing my skull and freaking out all the interns. Then they stupidly sent me home.

I was still in shock so I was in no pain. But about 2 hours latter I started hurting really bad. I took a total of 3 Percocet in about two hours and it did not take the edge off. Then I started barfing like a madman, and tore up my throat and started barfing blood. So my wife took me back to the ER. They admitted me and got the nausea and pain under control and I came home the next day and slept for 3 days. We abandoned the percocet and started oxycodone. I hate that crap, so after 3 days I stuck with Tylenol and Advil.
Evidently I had a bad concussion, they said that evidently I had forced myself to stay with it at first because I had my son with me. But after the shock wore off the results of the concussion

I have since purchased a used 2001 GMC sierra. I had a ford ranger. I figure the kids will be safer in the back seat of the sierra that in the back seat of a ranger so we are going to try that.

I have migraines anyway but I had one that lasted a little over a week. I could not stand any light or sound. (Try that with 4 kids under 9).

The headaches are better and I am back at work.

The first day I tried to go to work I barfed into a bag as my wife was driving me.

Oh and welcome back Chuck.
He has asked that I treat him a little better this time around. But all I can do is try.

I am going to try to make the rounds to everyones blog soon.
thanks again for all the kindness for me and my blessed son. I have started calling him the golden child.

Snagley out.

|