« Home | Snagley Acres 50 years ago » | Snagley the working man. » | Asleep in a cave and other activities » | Animals gone wild » | I'm Back » | Blogging For Snagley..... » | old snagley pictures » | Decals for sale » | Snagley goes on holliday » | What are they thinking?I apologies for the odd pos... » 

Monday, November 07, 2005 

Bacon the other white meat

I teach kids 4-year-old Sunday school at my church.(Yeah what of it) Yesterday there were 11 kids there, 9 girls and 2 boys. My daughter is one of them. We feed them pizza for a snack pretty much lunch for most of them. The parents like it and so do the kids. There is one kid who brings her own lunch, a zip lock bag full of bacon.

I know this was on a sitcom once but this is real.

I said “hey kid, what did you have for breakfast this morning

Kid “bacon”

Me “ what else”

Kid “glass of water”

Me “what did you eat for supper last night”

Kid “Bacon” and some ice cream.

Me “I see. Well here color this picture, we will use it for today’s lesson.”

My kids were finicky eaters. But hells bell a 4-year-old kid with a diet of only bacon. Give me a break.
Later the parents come in.

Me Hi kids mom. Kid tells me that all she eats is bacon.

Kids Mom “yeah that is about it except for ice cream.”

Me I see. Well here is your kid’s stuff from our lesson today. I enjoy having her in the class bring her back next week. Sorry about all the lipstick all over her face one of the girls smuggled in a lipstick and before I could confiscate it they had all decorated themselves like bozo the clown. You should have seen it before I cleaned her up.

Kids Mom “Oh well girls will be girls”

Me “Yup”

I am mister sympathetic to parents. I know that this Mom loves her daughter and you can tell by looking at her that she is not mistreated.
Bacon the other white meat?

When my boy#2 was 4 years old my wife spent the night somewhere else, I don’t remember why, but I was stuck with 6, 4 and 2 year olds at home. I am a great fry cook and made bacon and eggs. My four year old ate 2 home made biscuits 3 scrambled eggs and 4 strips of bacon. The kid likes to eat. Jo took him to the doctor the other day for his poison ivy. The kid lost 3 pounds since his last visit. I have seen the kid eat an entire buffalo and he looses 3 pounds. The doctor did not seem to think it was a big deal so I don’t either.

In other news, Chuck wont return my calls. I was planning to build him a gate this weekend, which is hard to do when he will not return my calls.

Finally and this is it for today. I am out of coffee at work. It looks to be a long day.

|