« Home | out next week » | so what do you think of this » | this is your snagley on drugs » | How to feed Bo Snagley » | news from lake snagleybegon » | heart attack » | Snag Facts » | News from Snagley » | tagged by Kelwhy » | break » 

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 

News from Snagleyshire

I’m Back

Well thrill seekers it’s been a long week.
As some of you may know I love my kids. So every year I spend a week with them at summer day camp for cub scouts.
I have a son who is a bear cub and a son who is a webelos 2. The bears had day camp from 8:00 to 2:30 and the webelos went from 3:00 to 8:00. Needless to say it was a long day. By the end of every day I was pretty sweaty and stinky. About the time I had one group worn down I would get a fresh batch at 3:00.
But, there were no casualties and I got to spend a lot of time with my two oldest boys.
I spent the night with my webelos son on Friday night, it was pretty miserable. Summer camping is miserable at best and gruesome at worst.

The highlights were a flag retirement ceremony, which had me in tears.
A flag retirement is when they take old flags that have served our country, and in a solemn respectful way disassemble them according to protocol and burn the remains in a fire.

It was explained that once a flag has been cut into pieces it is no longer a flag. There are only three groups that are recognized as able to retire a United States flag, veteran’s organizations, military organizations, and the boy scouts of America.
Then they spoke about all the men who fought suffered and died because of what that flag represented.
It was special and touching. They retired enough flags that all 250 in attendance were able to participate.

Son #2 is getting some bantam hens and is planning on building an elaborate hen house. His new pet hen Patty has graduated to the chicken coop with the other buff orpington chickens. We are getting about 8 eggs daily which is one every other day.

Winifred is still a nincompoop.

We are now actively looking into adoption not of Winifred’s baby but both foreign and domestic whichever is quickest and affordable.

Home school is out for the summer but Son #1 wants to start on his English for the coming year. It is how to write the novel way. He wants to write books, so this is right up his alley. He did really well on the standardized test he took in the spring. He is doing science at a 10.5 grade level and he is in the 4th grade. Genetics speak.

Have not heard from Chuck in a while. I think he ate a bad radish and came down with a bad case of the Hong Kong hangnails.

more chicken news to follow

Snagley out.

Labels:

|