« Home | Happy Thanksgiving » | depression is real » | The newest Snagley » | Welcome To The World, New Baby Snagley.... » | Father » | I love my wife » | Voting, baby names, assorted poop » | New shoe » | Update on Chuck » | News from Lake Snagley » 

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 

Rescue

Evidently I am one of those people who look as if they are in need of rescue.

True story.

I am in front of my house clearing some brush around a large tree stump left over from hurricane Ivan. I was using a brush axe and a super duper weed eater. I sat down in the sun to enjoy a cold beverage and take a well-deserved break. The sun felt so good I decided to lean back against the stump and close my eyes. Sitting in the sun relaxing felt so good, I decided to pursue it as a pastime.

The next thing I know I am being shaken awake. I open my eyes and one of my neighbors is standing over me. He is a volunteer at the local fire department. He is wearing his uniform and his paramedic truck is parked in my driveway. Someone saw me sleeping against the tree stump and called 911. They called my neighbor who rushed to the fire department got the paramedic truck and 3 of the guys who hang around the fire department waiting for something to happen. They came rushing over to my house, saw me lying in the grass propped up against the tree stump and realized that I was asleep. They decided to wake me up and harass me to no end.

Needless to say they had a good laugh about it.

Before they left I had the 3 spare guys finish clearing the brush from around the tree, while my paramedic neighbor and I sat in the sun and worked on another cold beverage. They were happy to have something to do between watching TV at the fire station, so I guess it all worked out for the best.

The moral of this story is (If you have some work to do, go to sleep in the sun)

Snagley out

|