« Home | Congrats Fuzzy Britches » | Uncle J.R. » | A scar story » | Mid life crisis is a bust » | mid life crisis » | the beach in review » | Olaf's Swimming Hole » | what happened Saturday » | Sorry » | took a year » 

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 

shiner



I was on the tractor cutting some grass with Son #1. We came across a badminton racquet in an advanced stage of decay. Only the head of the racquet remained and it was broken.

As is our practice, I lifted him down to move the offending racquet head so as not to damage the mower. He aimed at a neighboring wood lot and let it fly. As fate happens he hit me right between the eyes on the bridge of the nose, then it cut my left cheek right on the bottom of the eye socket where the skin is thin.

It almost knocked me out. I was bleeding like a stuck pig when he came running up. He was in tears. I don’t know if it was because he knew he hurt me or if he though he was in trouble.
I got the bleeding stopped and it has healed shut but I am left with this shiner.

The arrow is pointing at the area that was cut.

Ok now go ahead and make your jokes about my wife clocking me in the eye for any various reasons, all justified.

Snagley out.

|