« Home | down and out » | Toothpaste useage in the US » | chickens, drawers, baseball and too tight pants. » | soft snow » | I am sorry » | No news is good news » | Poop on the windshield » | Well it is poison oak season here in Alabama.My so... » | glass in scar » | inane list » 

Monday, May 07, 2007 

clogged arteries, owl barf and strings

I have been debating what if anything to post.

My wife just found out she has some blockages in the arteries in her heart.
She has been having chest pains for some time.
That is not particularly funny.

In other news.
As some of you know we home school our children. If you don’t like home schooling please go tell Ronald McDonald, I sure don’t want to hear it.
I got to go with them to the university of Alabama arboretum on a field trip. It was pretty cool. We got to pick through owl barf. My 5-year-old daughter found a rodent skull in her batch of owl vomit. That was also cool.

Ok there are these three strings that are walking down the street and decide to have a cool beer.
{Now I know most of you don’t think that strings can walk but please suspend your disbelief for my sake.}

They go into a bar and sit down. The bar tender never comes over to ask what they want. He even seems to be ignoring them.

The first string {I think his name is Lance} gets up and walks over to the bar tender and said I need three Guinness’s dark please in three clean glasses.

The Bartender turns around and says, “ We don’t serve strings here”

Well the first string is so shocked by this that he goes back and tells his other friends who are shocked and appalled.

Well the second string gets all bent up. He is bowed if you will. This bowed string goes up to the bartender and says. Hey bud we need some beers down here.

The bartender does not even look up he says, “We don’t server strings here” he spits into a glass and starts cleaning it with his shirttail.

Well the second string is so shocked by this he wets his string and rushes back to the table.

The third string gets really mad. He jumps up and ties a big knot in his self. He then unravels the top of his thread so that he looks even wilder. He rushes over to the bartender and says I want three beers and I want them now.

The bartender looks and says “aren’t you another of those strings”
The third string says, “No I am a frayed knot”

Labels:

|