« Home | hapless rambeling » | Winter Olympics » | Happy valentines day » | It was me » | the makings of a mountain man » | to do » | valentines day » | Middle earth lives » | Ask Snagley » | Best scarecrow. » 

Thursday, February 16, 2006 

A sad day for the Snagley's

My wife’s grandmother died last night.
She had lung and bone cancer. From the start she was not given much hope.
She was born poor, worked in the cotton fields at an early age. She drove mules to the creek to get water for the community. And she is gone now.
It was hard telling my 7,6 and 4-year-old kids. I held them while they cried and loved them through it. She lived through the great depression and was so poor they did not notice it.
As my 7 year old said last night with those big blue eyes full of tears. Daddy I miss her already. So do I son, so do I.

|